If you're a young professional looking to take your first rental property then you may not be familiar with what you need to do to take care of your new home. If you're an old hand at this, well, it won't do no harm to get a refresher! Here's our top 10 tips on maintaining a good upkeep that'll impress your friends and family:
Sure he's cute, but you wouldn't want his daddy in your professional flat in Leeds
- Clean the bathroom regularly. Making this a small but regular chore will save you lots of misery in the long run, as it won't allow limescale to build up or let the toilet get particularly nasty. Mr. Muscle ought to take care of the hair-clogged drains. You need never be embarrassed when you have surprise guests!
- Ditto for the kitchen. Giving all the surfaces a good scrub every few days will keep everything looking sparkly and ensure you prepare your food in a hygienic environment. You will enjoy your professional accommodation Leeds Search all the more if you aren't ill from food poisoning.
Everyone loves a clean kitchen
- Vacuum the floors and get yourself a good carpet cleaner in case of tea or dreaded wine spillages. A thick layer of dust and wotsits feels pretty grim underfoot and will probably lead to a lot of sneezing. Everyone likes a good sneeze, as long as it's in moderation.
- Make sure all your bills are in order. Know what bills you have to pay and who the provider is. The last thing you want is a nasty surprise in the mail.
- If you're renting a professional flat in Leeds, you've got to keep in mind that you are responsible for the behaviour of guests.
Think twice before inviting into your house someone with a history of breaking stuff
- Have you a load of pictures or poster you want to hang on the wall? Be wary of blu-tack, as you don't want to have a re-painting job on your hands. Putting nails through the wall is something you may want to bring up with your landlord.
- You are expected to carry out minor repairs such as replacing toilet seats and sink plugs. If you have any issues in one of our managed properties, you can use our Maintenance Form and we'll be on the case within 24 hours.
- That's the basics of it! Look after your property and your property will look after you. Not only that, but your landlord will love you. We're not saying that cleaning the loo every week is the key to happiness, only that it can potentially improve your quality of life in the long-term (in conjunction with our other tips).
Written by Tom
Back to News