We know lots of things about Burley, so we thought we'd share them with you!
1. The price is right! Student accommodation in Burley is relatively modest considering its proximity to Leeds City centre.
2. Good public transport links. Between the A65 and Burley road, you're covered. As if that isn't enough, it even has its own railway station, Burley Park, which can take you as far afield as York if the need arises to make a quick escape!
3. Like food? Burley has a large array of chips shops, curry houses, pizzerias, and restaurants where you can eat your heart out (figuratively speaking).
4. If you answered "yes" to the previous question, you're going to need a gym membership. Lucky for you there's a Virgin Active gym and a Fitness First gym in Burley to aid you in your recovery from inevitable gastronomic catastrophes.
5. Like movies? The Vue multiplex cinema is on your doorstep in the Cardigan Fields Leisure Park. Renting student accommodation in Burley allows you to save money; this is a great place to spend what you save!
6. Want convenience? You're spoiled for choice with several small supermarkets, including Iceland, Asda, Co-op, and Aldi, as well as smaller chains such as One-Stop, Costcutter & Premier.
7. Headingley and the City centre are great places to go out, however, they're not necessarily the easiest places to get a good night's sleep. Living in Burley, you get the best of both worlds: quick access to the hubbub and excitement of the best of Leeds nightlife, whilst, itself, remaining peaceful and quiet.
8. Like sport? Yorkshire County Cricket Club, Leeds Carnegie and the current Superleague Champions Leeds Rhinos all play at the Headingley Stadium, which is a mere 20 minute walk from the student accommodation in Burley.
9. If you want to get away from the concrete jungle, there are beautiful scenic walks by the A65.
10. Burley has several pubs & members clubs (The Cardigan Arms, Burley Sports Bar, Aire of the Dog, Burley Social Club, Burley Liberal Club, Burley Conservative Club, and The Merry Monk).
Lovingly written by our Top guy Tom!
If you have any comments about this article, give us a shout!Back to News