Mean by name, not so mean by nature. Professional accommodation in Meanwood is becoming increasingly sought after for a variety of reasons, 5 of which I'll share here with you.
1. Meanwood Park - The park grounds are open to the public 365 days a year. The park incorporated with the Meanwood Valley Trail is one of Leeds best loved open spaces. Its facilities include a fantastic new children's play area, tennis courts, bowling green, picnic areas, basketball court, car park, footpaths, wooded areas and large open grassland areas.
2. Meanwood Valley Urban Farm is a 24 acre site that is more than just a farm. It's a registered charity that helps young people who are unemployed, are experiencing problems in mainstream education, and adults who are learning disabled. They sell a range of jams and honey, eggs, and reconditioned bikes. The farm is open daily, and is free for under 12's.
3. Renting professional accommodation in Meanwood, you can put your children in one of the several highly regarded schools in the area and bring them up in a countryside setting, whilst being close to the conveniences of the city centre.
4. East of Arcadia is, as the name accurately suggests, located to the east of its Headingley-situated sister bar, Arcadia. Spacious and friendly, East of Arcadia provides a delightful selection of interesting beers and ales, and reputedly serve a mean plate of chips. The other two Meanwood drinking establishments are The Bay Horse and The Myrtle Tavern.
5. Meanwood has good, quick transport links to the city centre, as well as the motorway network, including the M1, M62, M621, and the A1/M1 Link road. It's sandwiched between Chapel Allerton and Headingley, so a night out is never far away.
Meanwood is a very old, rural place, dating back to Anglo-Saxon times, and is now on the cusp of becoming a trendy area, popular with young professionals. There are whispers that it is going to become the new Chapel Allerton. Who's to say? But young professionals clearly see something of worth in this expanding suburb, and professional accommodation in Meanwood continues to be hot property.
Written by TomBack to News